Something Different On Demand

Playlists for Something Different on KMHD

The nightly playlists for Something Different on KMHD are now posted only at kmhd.org. Below you will find the playlists for the two hour weekly version of the program which is available on demand.

Friday, August 24, 2007

8.12.2007 - SOMETHING DIFFERENT ON KMHD NEWSLETTER 51

SOMETHING DIFFERENT ON KMHD NEWSLETTER 51
Top 10 For this Week and Upcoming Events (in alpha order)
Beatfanatic - Around The World In 80 Beats - Raw Fusion
Budos Band - Budos Band II - Daptone Records
Billie Holiday - Billie Holiday - Remixed & Reimagined - Sony Legacy
Bob Marley - Roots, Rock, Remixed - Quango
The Mitchell & Dewbury Band - Beyond The Rains - Mr. Bongo
Vieux Farika Toure - Vieux Farka Touré Remixed - Modiba
Various Artists - Kero One Presents: Plug Label - Plug
Various Artists - Palace Lounge Presents Café D'Afrique
Various Artists - Yesterday's Universe - Stones Throw
Zap Mama - Supermoon - Heads Up

FIRST FRIDAYS W/ DJ SANTO
DJ Santo and Soulphonic Soundsystem bring their unique sound and style to the Press Club (2621 SE Clinton Street) on first Fridays from 8pm - til closing.


PLAYLIST FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT 08.12.07

SHOW #51
2007.08.12 Playlist

Hour 1

6:01 PM : Jackson Conti (of yesterdays new quintet) : Upa Neguinho : yesterday's Universe
6:04 PM : kero one : In All the Wrong Places : Kero One Presents: Plug Label
6:12 PM : Forty Seven Times It's Own Weight : March Of The Goober Woobers : Gilles Peterson Digs America
6:17 PM : Soul Quality Quartet : I'm Not Here : Ten Years, Who Cares?
6:23 PM : Culver City Dub Collective : Houdini : Dos
6:28 PM : Parov Stelar : Nowhere feat. Billy Kern : Seven And Storm
6:33 PM : Una : Blue Dress : The Rain Is Over and Gone
6:38 PM : From Leaf To Feather : Night Sun : From LA With Love
6:41 PM : Thievery Corporation : The Mirror Conspiracy : The Mirror Conspiracy
6:45 PM : Tabonage : Skyline : Palace Lounge Presents Café D'Afrique
6:50 PM : Jazzanova : Let Your Heart Be Free (2007 Edit) : Ten Years, Who Cares?
6:55 PM : Craig De Maio : The Clouded Leopard : Dinosaur Space Suit

Hour 2

7:01 PM : New Mastersounds feat. Corine Bailey Rae : Your Love Is Mine (Fred Everything Mix) : Palace Lounge Presents Café D'Afrique
7:06 PM : Snorre Seim : Brassespark : Brassespark
7:10 PM : The Mitchell & Dewbury Band : Beyond The Rains : Beyond The Rains
7:15 PM : Ticklejunk All Stars : Cias 66 : Future Funk Sessions
7:21 PM : Down To The Bone : Electric Vibes feat. Roy Ayers : GIANT STEP DIGITAL DJ PROMO
7:26 PM : The Magic Numbers : Crazy In Love (Live From Shepherds Bush) : The Standard 4:19 Volume 4
7:30 PM : Betty Davis : He Was A Big Freak : They Say I'm Different
7:35 PM : Budos Band : Scorpion : The Budos Band II
7:39 PM : Fela Kuti : Swegbe & Pako : The Underground Spiritual
7:48 PM : Sean Kuti and Egypt 80 : Think Africa :
7:52 PM : Beatfanatic : African Rockers : Around The World In 80 Beats

Hour 3

8:01 PM : Up, Bustle & Out : All Out King feat. Romanowsky : Mexican Sessions
8:06 PM : Vieux Farka Toure : Ana (Captain Planet Remix) : Vieux Farka Touré Remixed:
8:10 PM : Dorfmeister Vs Mdla : Boogie No More : Kraak & Smaak: The Remix Sessions
8:15 PM : Zap Mama : Toma Taboo : Supermoon
8:20 PM : Ojos De Brujo : Todo Tiende (Pank Remix) : Techari Remixes
8:24 PM : Bob Marley : Lively Up Yourself (Bombay Dub Orchestra) : Roots, Rock, Remixed
8:28 PM : Billie Holiday : Pennies From Heaven (Count De Money) : Billie Holiday - Remixed & Reimagined
8:32 PM : Gero : Costa Del Sol : Déjà Vu
8:38 PM : Karizma : I C U (mast) : Coop lll
8:49 PM : Gaudi + Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan : Mainoo Ole Bai Ke Pee Lain D : Dub Qawwali


Hosted by DJ Santo .
Production Assistance by Chauncey Canfield.


LISTENER EMAILS

Love the show---it's reconnecting me with a part of my soul I didn't know was missing...I'm going through withdrawal the rest of the week.

My friends and I love your show. We listen every Sunday evening as we bbq the night away. -B

I just wanted to say that the set on Something Different I just heard was some of the sickest **** on Portland radio. You hear rare groove and disco breaks on 90.7 every rare once in a while, but this was completely unprecedented. Thanks for bringing it!

I wanted to email DJ Santo and tell him how much I like his show. I am a typical mainstream jazz and Latin jazz listener and I don't know much about cutting edge jazz, but I like learning about it. He presents a lot of different music and the "future of jazz", and I appreciate it. -JS


"You really got me with that music. Thanks for awakening my soul." -K

"Thank you for the 3 best hours of radio in Portland. Somehow at the end of those 3 hours your music has managed to re-arrange my chromosomes in the best possible way. Keep it going and going and going and..." -Anonymous Postcard

"As a freelance writer, I listen to KMHD while working, just about all the time...I just wanted to say your show is my favorite, and I look forward to it every week. Thanks for keeping the jazz fresh". - MR

"Just wanted to write and let you know how much we love Something Different. We look forward to it all week! Another great set tonight." -KW&CW

"I just wanted to put in my 2 cents for the Sunday program, "Something Different". I love the hardcore jazz and blues, but Something Different is a wonderful addition to the mix. Please consider this unqualified support from a happy member." -MK

"Just wanted to send you an email letting you know how much I love your set on KMHD!!" -K

"Checking out the streaming version of the radio show online. What a great mix!" -MJ

"Hey, I am listening online from the east coast....loved what you just played before the break...(and now, too, actually!). I really like this type of stuff you are playing." -M

"I discovered your show a couple of weeks ago and have been doing my best to tune in Sunday evening. This past Sunday I particularly enjoyed the first half-hour..." - M.S.

No comments: