Something Different On Demand

Playlists for Something Different on KMHD

The nightly playlists for Something Different on KMHD are now posted only at kmhd.org. Below you will find the playlists for the two hour weekly version of the program which is available on demand.

Friday, August 24, 2007

8.19.2007 - SOMETHING DIFFERENT ON KMHD NEWSLETTER 52

Top 10 For this Week and Upcoming Events (in alpha order)
Budos Band - Budos Band II - Daptone Records
Billie Holiday - Billie Holiday - Remixed & Reimagined - Sony Legacy
Kid Gusto - Movin' On - Rhythm & Culture Recordings
Bob Marley - Roots, Rock, Remixed - Quango
Gaudi + Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Dub Qawwali - Six Degrees
The Mitchell & Dewbury Band - Beyond The Rains - Mr. Bongo
Ed Royal & DJ Enne - Funky Kitchen - Innvision Records
Various Artists - Kero One Presents: Plug Label - Plug
Various Artists - Yesterday's Universe - Stones Throw
Zap Mama - Supermoon - Heads Up

FIRST FRIDAYS W/ DJ SANTO
DJ Santo and Soulphonic Soundsystem bring their unique sound and style to the Press Club (2621 SE Clinton Street) on first Fridays from 8pm - til closing.


PLAYLIST FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT 08.19.07
SHOW #52
2007.08.19 Playlist

Hour 1

6:01 PM : yesterdays new quinet : track 9 : yesterday's universe
6:07 PM : Rainer Pusch Quartet : Mixing : Glücklich
6:13 PM : Five Corners Quintet : Trading Eights : Jazzflora
6:18 PM : Jacksoul : Unconditional Love : Party Keller Vol.2 Various - Jazz, Blues, Funk
6:22 PM : Roy Ayers : I Did It In Seattle : Virgin Ubiquity
6:27 PM : Betty Davis : Anti Love Song : Betty Davis
6:31 PM : Rube : Dharma Bumrush : 12" on Jazz and Milk
6:35 PM : Allen Hoist : Inner city blues (Back to the roots version) : Inner City Blues
6:39 PM : Budos Band : Deep In The Sand : The Budos Band II
6:43 PM : Forro In The Dark : Oilê Le Lá : Bonfires Of São João
6:47 PM : B-Side Players : Alegria : Fire In The Youth
6:55 PM : Bebel Gilberto : Caçada : Momento

Hour 2

7:01 PM : Zero 7 : Red Dust : Yoga One
7:06 PM : Solar Apple Quarktette : Summer Love AD2231 (Break Reform Mix) : Solar Bossa / Summer Love AD2231
7:11 PM : Gaudi + Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan : Ghamgar Bare Ne : Dub Qawwali
7:15 PM : Anoushka Shankar : Beloved (Thievery Co Remix) : Versions
7:20 PM : Kid Gusto : Spy Bossa : Movin' On
7:26 PM : Parov Stelar : My Inner Me feat. Phoebe Hall : Seven And Storm
7:31 PM : Magnus Buchan : Strawberry Fish : Natural Selection Pangea Organics
7:38 PM : Guru's Jazzmatazz : Look To The Sun : Jazzmatazz Vol.4
7:42 PM : green tea : Cruise Control : Kero One Presents: Plug Label
7:46 PM : Fat Freddys Drop : Flashback (Jazzanovas Mashed Bag) : Ten Years, Who Cares?
7:51 PM : Zap Mama : Kwenda : Supermoon
7:55 PM : Sean Kuti and Egypt 80 : Na Oil :

Hour 3

8:01 PM : Down To The Bone : Funkin' Around (Speedometer Mix) : GIANT STEP DIGITAL DJ PROMO
8:05 PM : The Mitchell & Dewbury Band : Rapping With The Gods : Beyond The Rains
8:12 PM : Prince : Chelsea Rodgers : Planet Earth
8:18 PM : Irakere : Bacalao Con Pan : Si, Para Usted - The Funky Beats of Revolutionar
8:22 PM : Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings : Keep On Looking : Kenny Dope Remix
8:28 PM : Ticklejunk All Stars : Hot Garbage : Future Funk Sessions
8:35 PM : Ed Royal & Enne : Groove Collage (K´Bonus Remix) : Funky Kitchen
8:40 PM : Trüby Trio : Galicia : Break n' Bossa
8:47 PM : Bob Marley : Duppy Conqueror (Fort Knox Five Remix) : Roots, Rock, Remixed
8:52 PM : Billie Holiday : You're So Desirable (Sunday People) : Billie Holiday - Remixed & Reimagined
8:56 PM : Sofi Hellborg : Wouldn't That Be Fun (Jens Loden Rmx) : Jazzcollectivo 2

Hosted by DJ Santo .
Production Assistance by Chauncey Canfield.

LISTENER EMAILS

Love the show---it's reconnecting me with a part of my soul I didn't know was missing...I'm going through withdrawal the rest of the week.

My friends and I love your show. We listen every Sunday evening as we bbq the night away. -B

I just wanted to say that the set on Something Different I just heard was some of the sickest **** on Portland radio. You hear rare groove and disco breaks on 90.7 every rare once in a while, but this was completely unprecedented. Thanks for bringing it!

I wanted to email DJ Santo and tell him how much I like his show. I am a typical mainstream jazz and Latin jazz listener and I don't know much about cutting edge jazz, but I like learning about it. He presents a lot of different music and the "future of jazz", and I appreciate it. -JS


"You really got me with that music. Thanks for awakening my soul." -K

"Thank you for the 3 best hours of radio in Portland. Somehow at the end of those 3 hours your music has managed to re-arrange my chromosomes in the best possible way. Keep it going and going and going and..." -Anonymous Postcard

"As a freelance writer, I listen to KMHD while working, just about all the time...I just wanted to say your show is my favorite, and I look forward to it every week. Thanks for keeping the jazz fresh". - MR

"Just wanted to write and let you know how much we love Something Different. We look forward to it all week! Another great set tonight." -KW&CW

"I just wanted to put in my 2 cents for the Sunday program, "Something Different". I love the hardcore jazz and blues, but Something Different is a wonderful addition to the mix. Please consider this unqualified support from a happy member." -MK

"Just wanted to send you an email letting you know how much I love your set on KMHD!!" -K

"Checking out the streaming version of the radio show online. What a great mix!" -MJ

"Hey, I am listening online from the east coast....loved what you just played before the break...(and now, too, actually!). I really like this type of stuff you are playing." -M

"I discovered your show a couple of weeks ago and have been doing my best to tune in Sunday evening. This past Sunday I particularly enjoyed the first half-hour..." - M.S.

No comments: